Thursday, December 10, 2009

Milestones

Well I have been a pretty big slacker lately about posting on my blog. So much has been happening with my little toddler lately that I thought I should probably catch up on everything.
Well anyone that knows my little Crew-ba-lou knows that ever since he came out of my belly he has been a binki baby!!! Well about a month and a half ago Crew was throwing the biggest tantrum that Bran had ever seen (I was at work) so he put Crew in his crib, took the binki and said that he flushed it down the toilet. Well Crew about lost it Bran said he was screaming in there for about an hour. Needless to say though we finally broke the binki habbit!! Yay!! It is so nice to finally have that thing gone, I was starting to worry about his teeth being completely ruined. Although I am so excited it is gone I do half to say I did have a little mommy moment where I was really sad to see it go. I mean it was something that he has had since he was a newborn and its just another sign that my little boy is becoming to be not so little anymore and it makes me a little bit sad:(
So as for his other milestone, last weekend we hung out with our friends Kim, Jesse and Crews little girlfriend Abby. Well Abby had these pink pullups that crew thought were pretty neat and he got to wear one home. So we took him home that night and put his jammies on and changed into a real diaper. Well the next morning he wanted Abbys pink pullup back on. I said Crew its dirty and we can't wear it anymore. Well he was throwing a fit and then I remembered that I had bought him some big boy undies for Christmas so I asked if he wanted to put those on. He hesitated for a minute and then decided to go for it. Well I couldn't believe it but my child is completely potty trained now for one whole week (minus the number two pottys)!!! I am so proud of him!! I mean I wasn't even really going to try for a couple more months and its like wolla its already done! I was even at the mall the other day and he said mom I need a potty so he held it while I frantically ran through the mall trying to find the bathroom. I am so so proud of him and love him so much. Oh yea one more funny thing, when he first started wearing them I said Crew you can't go pee pee or poopy in your big boy undies and he said I wont mom. Well about an hour later he looked all nervous so I said whats wrong buddy and he goes mom is it ok if I toot in them. ha ha ha so dang funny!

3 comments:

Jesse and Kimmie said...

whoop whoop!! That is awesome about Crew and the pull ups. I need to get Abby and Cew together again. Abby is great on the potty one day, then so so the next. :) maybe seeing Crew in his big boy undies will inspire her even more :)

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Wahoo for being potty trained and no binky! I'm not excited for that!!

Brad and Jade said...

Linds, I had no idea you had a blog! I have one to but it's private. Email me your email address so I can invite you to it. Cute pictures of you and your fam. Miss you!
jadedeon@gmail.com